Sunday, November 25, 2012 ~
Cutting Through Tension with a Spacious Breath Instead of a Knife
Self-Assessment & Self-Connection:
Requests of Group:
Complete the Self-Assessment: on a scale of 1-10 rate the following.
- I take full emotional responsibilty for my experience of awkwardness or tension and don’t blame others for this experience.
- When I am feeling awkward or tense I am able to access and connect to the needs and beliefs that are the root of it.
- I am clear about what situations tend to bring up tension or awkwardness in me and I have clear doable strategies for dealing with them.
- I am able to open my heart empathically to the other person’s experience while remaining grounded in my experience.
- I dissolve my awkwardness and tension through powerful and connecting requests that hold both our needs with care.
If you answered anything less than a 10 – pick one area.
And write down what a transformation would look like in that area:
“A breakthrough in this area of my life would look like…”
Write down what challenges you experience in that area.
Group Sharing – “What are the challenges to being non-reactive in awkward or tense situations?” or “What stimulates an experience of feeling awkward or tense?”
Above courtesy of Thomas Meli of Interdependent Soul Consulting